Friday, April 20, 2018

Week 3 Forum

TOPIC 1: TWO PORTRAIT SUBJECTS
Brad Baker, Austin Chatwood

Brad: fabricator, FM sheet metal, Koffler boats. Austin: Pape, diesel mechanic, studied at LBCC

Brad: garage with welder next to him, welding helmet, a project in the background. Austin: wearing
Pape uniform, next to a combine or excavator, holding tools.

Brad: welding helmet, welder, project of his. Austin: tools, uniform

Brad: call. Austin: call.

TOPIC 2: SELF-CRITIQUE --  Now that you've been committing photojournalism for a few weeks ...
  1. What is the BEST PHOTO you've taken for this class, and WHY is it your best? The best photo I've taken so far is the one of Sydney LaVoie holding the "I love you" sign. I captured what she was trying to accomplish. Along with the meaning, the lighting was good and her expression was just perfect.

https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=2675511907805316613#editor/target=post;postID=6250870914172002551;onPublishedMenu=allposts;onClosedMenu=allposts;postNum=2;src=postname

  1. What is the WORST PHOTO you've posted on your blog so far, and WHY did it turn out that way? The worst photo was my first interview photo of Brandon Whaley. I didn't want to take up too much of his time so I quickly snapped a few photos and didn't look at the quality until later that day. I was also really embarrassed to be taking his photo so I just wanted to get it over with.

https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=2675511907805316613#editor/target=post;postID=8239065015618509816;onPublishedMenu=allposts;onClosedMenu=allposts;postNum=4;src=postname 

  1. What SKILL do you feel you have to improve the most to raise the quality of your photos? I really need to learn how to better operate my camera. Sometimes the shutter speed changes and I don't know how to get it back or the photo turns out too dark. I need to spend some time researching and practicing in all different lightings.

No comments:

Post a Comment